OSC1 Cyclical Engine
The OSC1 from Future Sound Systems presents a voltage-controlled analogue oscillator with a
few features unexpected of a basic oscillator, with a particular focus on covering all bases of signal modulation. Once triangle, sinusoidal and pulse waveforms
are derived from its sawtooth core, each waveform is passed through a VCA. The outputs from
these VCAs are then summed at the Mix output, which can be switched between 2- and 4-quadrant-multiplication modes. These two QM modes allow for a plethora of amplitude modulation effects to be achieved.
Level controls for each waveform dictate both static level, but also depth
of modulation through careful design of the control summation. Each individual waveform
output is taken pre-VCA for maximum patching flexibility.
Shape modulation of the triangular, sinusoidal and pulse waveforms is also available. Both the triangular and sinusoidal waveshapes can be skewed forward or backward into ramp-like shapes, whilst shaping the pulse wave gives standard pulsewidth modulation.
Frequency modulation is available in both Linear and Exponential modes. The OSC1 also tracks to 1V/Octave over four octaves in its audible (HF) range, but can also be used as a low frequency oscillator in LF mode.
A Sync input allows for the OSC1 to be reset by an external signal. A rising edge will reset the sawtooth wave to its peak, from which it descends. The Inject input, meanwhile, allows for external signals to interfere with the sawtooth core. This allows for intermodulation-type effects to be produced, and opens new realms of chaotic oscillations.
PRE-ORDER NOW OPEN. Units begin shipping from FSS by 1st July 2019.
|Price: £240.00 (incl. 20% VAT) + shipping|
Module width: 12HP
Module depth: 30mm behind 2mm FR4 front panel
Current consumption: 80mA on +12V, 75mA on -12V
Frequency range: 6Hz to >35kHz in HF mode, 0.024Hz (43 seconds) to >200Hz in LF mode
Pre-order terms & conditions:
- Prices above do not include shipping, which is calculated at check-out.
- Shipping is free for orders of £300 or more.
- Orders can be refunded in full before they are shipped, but please contact FSS directly before initiating a PayPal refund - this process is actually faster.
- Prices may be subject to increase upon release / after pre-orders. Pre-ordering guarantees purchasing at the lowest price available.
- Photographs shown here do not necessarily reflect the final aesthetic quality of the modules, which will only improve in production batches.
- All functionality of each module is as described and will remain as shown here.
Copyright © 2019 Future Sound Systems